Dr Kiran Kumar Vupparaboina
Designation: Technical Lead
Specialisation: 3D Reconstruction, Medical image analysis, Computer vision, Image and video processing
Location: Kallam Anji Reddy Campus, Hyderabad
Dr Kiran Kumar Vupparaboina received the B. E. degree from the MVSR Engineering college (Osmania University) Hyderabad in 2006, M. Tech degree from National Institute of Technology, Hyderabad in 2009, and the Ph. D. degree from the Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad in 2017, all in Electrical Engineering. He is associated with LVPEI 2014, specifically, his doctoral research was pursued in collaboration with LV Prasad Eye Institute. Later, post his open colloquium he joined LVPEI as a Technical Lead, signal processing lab, Engineering Group, Srujana Innovation Center.
His research interests include 3D reconstruction, Medical image analysis, Computer vision and Medical imaging. He is involved in developing quantitative imaging and image analysis solutions for various problems related ophthalmological disease screening, treatment response monitoring and treatment planning. In particular, he has been working towards developing an efficient, patient-friendly as well as cost effective oculofacial 3D reconstruction system. Further, he has been developing problem specific algorithms quantifying clinically significant features from various imaging modalities including optical coherence tomography (OCT), adaptive optics scanning laser ophthalmoscope (AOSLO), OCT angiography (OCTA) and fundus photography.
His work has been published in many peer reviewed journals and conferences. He also serves as reviewer for many reputed journals including IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, IOP Science Measurement Technology and science. He mentored many graduate and post graduate students in various projects.
- K. K. Vupparaboina, A. Richhariya, J. Chhablani and A. Richhariya, “Choroidal OCT analysis,” Retinal OCT Image Anyalsis, Springer Series in Biological and Medical Physics – Biomedical Engineering, (Accepted, May 2017).
- A. G. Marupally, K. K. Vupparaboina, H. K. Peguda, A. Richhariya, S. Jana, and J. Chhablani, “Semi-automated quantification of hard exudates in colour fundus photographs diagnosed with diabetic retinopathy,” BMC Ophthalmology, vol.17(1), p. 172, 2017. (Impact factor:1.59)
- J. Ruiz-Medrano, JM. Ruiz-Moreno, A. Goud, K. K. Vupparaboina, S. Jana, J. Chhablani, “Age-Related Changes In Choroidal Vascular Density Of Healthy Subjects Based On Image Binarization Of Swept-Source Optical Coherence Tomography,” RETINA, , Published online on May 24, 2017. (Impact factor:3.70)
- R. Agrawal, X. Wei, A. Goud, K. K. Vupparaboina, S. Jana, J. Chhablani, “Influence of scanning area on choroidal vascularity index measurement using optical coherence tomography,” Acta Ophthalmologica, Published online on May 4, 2017. (Impact factor:3.03)
- R.A. Alshareef, M.K. Khuthaila, A. Goud, K.K.Vupparaboina, S. Jana and J. Chhablani, “Subfoveal Choroidal Vascularity in Myopia: Evidence From Spectral-Domain Optical Coherence Tomography,” Ophthalmic Surgery, Lasers and Imaging Retina (OSLI), vol. 48(3), pp. 202-207, 2017. (Impact factor:1.70)
- V. S. Gattani, K. K. Vupparaboina, A. Patil, J. Chhablani, A. Richhariya, and S. Jana,“Semi-automated Quantification of Retinal IS/OS Damage in En-face OCT Image,” Computers in Biology and Medicine, vol. 69, pp. 52-60, February 2016. (Impact factor:1.84)
- K. K. Vupparaboina, S. Nizampatnam, J. Chhablani, A. Richhariya, and S. Jana, “Automated estimation of choroidal thickness distribution and volume based on OCT images of posterior visual section,” Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, vol. 46(3), pp. 315-327, December 2015. (Impact factor:1.74)
Peer-reviewed Conference Publications
BACK TO TEAM
- K. K. Vupparaboina, K. K. Dansingani, A. G. Marupally, M. F. Jawed, S. Jana, K. B. Freund, J. Chhablani and A. Richhariya, “Quantitative shadow compensated optical coherence tomography of choroidal vasculature,” Association of Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), Baltimore, New York, May 2017.
- K.K Dansingani, S.T. Devarakonda, K. K. Vupparaboina, S. Jana, J. Chhablani, K. B. Freund, O. Gal-Or, and S. Gattoussi, “Classification of macular lesions using optical coherence tomography and an artificial neural network,” Association of Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), May 2017.
- S. B. Velaga, M. G. Nittala, K. K. Vupparaboina, S. Jana, J. Chhabalani, and S. R. Sadda, " Choroidal vascularity index and Choroidal thickness in Eyes with Reticular Pseudodrusen,” Association of Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), May 2017.
- M.N. Ibrahim, S. Agarwal, K. K. Vupparaboina, J. Chhablani, A. Richhariya, and S. Jana, “Segmenting and Labeling blood vessels in choroidal Haller's layer: A multiple target tracking approach, ” IEEE EMBS International Conference on Biomedical & Health Informatics (BHI), pp. 113-116, 2017.
- K. K. Vupparaboina, R. R. Tamboli, M. Shanmukh Reddy, A. Richhariya, M. Naik and S. Jana, "Oculofacial Surgical Planning: True-to-Scale 3D Feature Quantiﬁcation Using Multicamera Network”, IEEE INDICON, Bengaluru, India, 16-18 December, 2016.
- S. T. Devarakonda, K. K. Vupparaboina, A. Richhariya, J. Chhablani, and S. Jana, "Automated Detection of Retinal Disorders from OCT Images using Artificial Neural Network", IEEE INDICON, Bengaluru, India, 16-18 December, 2016.
- K. K. Vupparaboina, A. Richhariya, J. Chhablani and S. Jana, “Optical Coherence Tomography Imaging: Automated Binarization of Choroid for Stromal-Luminal Analysis,” IEEE International Conference on Signal and Information Processing, pp. 37-41, 6-8 October, 2016.
- K. K. Vupparaboina, K. Raghavan and S. Jana, "Euclidean auto calibration of camera networks: Baseline constraint removes scale ambiguity," 2016 Twenty Second National Conference on Communication (NCC), Guwahati, pp. 1-6, 2016.
- K. K. Vupparaboina, R.R. Tamboli, P. M. Shenu, and S. Jana, “Laser-based detection and depth estimation of dry and water-filled potholes: A geometric approach,” IEEE Twenty First National Conference on Communications (NCC), pp. 1-6, 2015
- J. Chhablani, A. Richhariya, S. Jana, K. K. Vupparaboina and S. Nizampatnam, “Validity of an automated algorithm for Choroidal Volume measurement” Association of Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO), Denver, Colorado, May 2015.
- N. Srinath, A. Patil, V. Kiran Kumar, S. Jana, A. Richhariya, and J. Chhablani, “Automated Detection of Choroid Boundary and Vessels in Optical Coherence Tomography Images,” IEEE International Conference on Engineering in Medicine and Biology, Chicago, USA, August 2014.
- R. R. Tamboli, K. K. Vupparaboina, J. Ready, S. Jana, S. Channappayya, “A subjective evaluation of true 3D images,” International Conference on 3D Imaging (IC3D), pp. 1-8, 9-10 Dec. 2014.
- K. K. Vupparaboina, R. C. Tonpay, S. Jana, A. Richhariya, J. Chhablani, "3D Visualization and Mapping of Choroid Thickness based on Optical Coherence Tomography: A Step-by-Step Geometric Approach", IC3D 2013; Liège, Belgium; 3-5 Dec 2013.
- K. K. Vupparaboina, K. Raghavan, S. Jana, "Smart Camera Networks: An Analytical Framework for Auto Calibration without Ambiguity", IEEE RAICS 2013, Dec 2013.
- M. Sudhakar, K. K. Vupparaboina, S. Jana, "Parameterized estimation of common motion for image and depth sequences," 2013 National Conference on Communications (NCC), pp.1,5, 15-17 Feb. 2013.